This 3 day practitioner level course introduces delegates to an advanced level of the negotiation process through workshop and role playing in practical exercise. Emphasis is on strong analytical and planning techniques (“hard”) and interpersonal and individual skills (“soft”).
The course aims to advance delegates negotiation techniques and tactics skills building on basic skills that have been developed through personal experience or previous training.
On completion of the course delegates should be able to:
• Develop expected negotiation outcomes and formulate appropriate negotiating strategies.
• Identify each party’s interests and priorities in a potential agreement.
• Evaluate the importance and cost of concessions for each party.
• Select and apply appropriate negotiating tactics.
• Recognise the tactics employed by others and adopt appropriate responses.
• Characterise the group dynamics of negotiation processes and discuss the impact of these on negotiation outcomes.
• Evaluate the achievements of outcomes and why these were or were not achieved.
• Analyse the behaviours that they and others adopt when negotiating and identify the reasons for these behaviours.
The skills gained on this course will give delegates an enhanced level of expertise in negotiation enabling the business to become more effective in this area.
This course is available to all MOD Commercial Officers and may be suitable for MOD staff both civilian and military.
This course may be suitable for MOD Contractors and Other Government Departments. Applications will be processed through the standard DA income generation route.
- Second Lieutenant
- Colour Sergeant
- Staff Corporal
- Staff Sergeant
- Skill Zone 1
- Skill Zone 2
- Skill Zone 3
- Marshal of the Royal Air Force
- Chief Technician
- Flight Sergeant
- Junior Technician
- Leading Aircraftsman
- Senior Aircraftsman
- Second Lieutenant
- Leading Hand
- Leading Rate
- Leading Writer
All Staff - Eligibility for all Business Skills College courses are based on role and not Rank or Grade, therefore all staff are eligible to attend this course.