Start Date: Mon 2 Oct 17, study spread over 3-4 years.
This course is delivered by Cranfield University on behalf of Technology School, Defence Academy.
This course is for those who seek to be better prepared to tackle the current and emerging demands of cyberspace. Given the rapidly changing nature of the threat and capability landscape this education will allow graduates to recognise emerging threats and respond effectively and pro-actively. As the course ties together a broad technical and business base, and is supported by a wide range of public and private sector organisations, the qualification will be noteworthy on the CVs of those wishing to move into strategic and operational positions in defence and businesses enabled by the information revolution.
To develop professionals who can effectively manage and exploit the threats and opportunities of cyberspace at the organisational level.
Please contact the course administrator for more information.
A key development course to support the needs of the business.
There are no restrictions for this course.
There are no exemptions for this course.
1st or 2nd class honours degree; 3rd class degree with three years relevant experience; pass degree with five years relevant experience; HND/C with seven years relevant experience. Exceptional candidates may be accepted with 10 years relevant experience, where relevant experience is gained in Information Security, Information Operations, information risk or related role. Students whose first language is not English must also attain an IELTS score of 6.5.
Military, other government, corporate and critical information infrastructure staff who are one or more of the following:
- Managers who need to understand information risk and respond to cyber threats.
- Technicians who wish to understand the operational and business context.
- Procurement staff commissioning critical or sensitive projects.
- Policy and planning staff interested in computer network and security operations.
- Personnel interested in social media and associated concepts such as cyber mobilization.
- Those charged with accreditation and assessment of security measures.